Become a Building Apprentice
BUILDING APPRENTICE APPLICATION INFORMATION:
****Building applications are still being post pone until we get our updated standards approved by the DOL. Please keep checking back here for updates.
****IW's Impact Drug Testing Includes THC/Cannabis Testing****
Be an Ironworker Architectural & Ornamental Iron Workers Local 63
Architectural Iron Workers perform field fabrication & Installation
of: window walls, glass & metal rails, curtain walls, storefronts,
glass & metal doors, door hardware, stairs, scaffolds, chain link
fences, fire escapes, flag poles, guard rails, canopies & playground
equipment, skylights & vault doors and adjacent supports.
ARCHITECTURAL AND ORNAMENTAL IRON WORKERS LOCAL 63 APPLICATIONS
WHERE: AMTS, 2523 W. LEXINGTON, BROADVIEW, IL 60155
REGISTRATION FEE: $125.00 Money Order or Cashier’s Check Payable To: Architectural Metal Training School or AMTS
**Optional, if you wish to purchase the test taking tip book,
your money order or cashier's check should be in the amount of $140.00 (no cash, credit cards or personal checks will be accepted)
REQUIREMENTS: You must apply in person.
MUST BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- Your drivers license, state photo I.D. or other government issued photo I.D. to prove you are at least 18 years old
- Your original High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- $125.00 Non-refundable Application Fee
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED Equivalent
- Must pass an aptitude test.
- Must pass a drug screen.
- Must pass a physical.
- Must pass an agility test.
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS TO THESE REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS.
Applicants submitting the required documents will be given all the
information where and when to appear for the aptitude test (Date tbd) (See *above
to purchase Test-taking tips book), drug screen (if applicable),
physical (if applicable), and physical agility test (if applicable). The
applicants that pass the minimum requirements of the aptitude test,
drug screening, physical and physical agility test will be notified by
email and invited to the oral interviews (Date tbd).
At the time of indenture you must:
- Have a valid Driver’s license
- Have a reliable form of transportation
- Pass a drug test
Equal Opportunity Pledge - Notice of non-discrimination policy
Architectural Metal Training School for Local 63 will not discriminate
against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices based on race, color,
religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender
identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are
an individual with a disability or a person 40 years old or older.
Architectural Metal Training School for Local 63 will take affirmative
action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate
the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of
Federal Regulations, part 30.
EOE/Equal Opportunity Employer
- Must be able to lift heavy objects
- Work at elevated heights Training
- Pay attention to detail
- Must have a good work ethic and positive attitude.
- Hard working and motivated.
- Recommended Preparatory Classes
- Any Shop Classes
- Mathematics classes
- Work Experience (Helpful but not necessary for acceptance)
- Familiarity with any type of construction.
Architectural Iron Workers work in all types of weather conditions and at various heights.
Length of Apprenticeship
- Three (3) years – Minimum of 4,200 – 6,000 hours of on-the-job training.
- Apprentices attend school Twenty-Six (26) hours a month from September – June.
- Apprentices work five days a week receiving on-the-job training.
- 1st year 50% of journeyman’s wage
- 2nd year 60% of journeyman’s wage
- 3rd year 70% of journeyman’s wage
- Journey Level 100% of journeyman’s wage
- Average Journeyman’s wage rate = $50/Hr. (12/19)